I'm no poet, but every once in a while, I like to try my hand at poetry. This topic's been tugging at my heart lately, even though it happened nearly twelve years ago. I call this one, "Still."
Still
You were still
No moving
No crying
Still
Still
Still I held you
Still I loved you
Still I wept
Still
Still I wonder
Still I miss you
Still I imagine your face
Your eyes, your smile, your nose
I see you in my dreams
Your curls, your hands, your toes
I remember the butterfly kicks
Would you be short, like your older sister?
Tall, like your younger one?
Maybe in between them--average height?
You were, after all, the middle sister,
My middle child.
Still I cry, sometimes.
Still I miss you
Though I never knew you--
But I knew you.
Still remembering
The hope I had
Still wishing
Still wanting
Still
Still I cry
Still I mourn
Still I remember
Still
Still...
Still I smile
Still, I hold your sisters
Still, I love blue skies and sunshine
And sometimes, the feel of raindrops
Still, I celebrate your life
Still, I thank God
For you.
Still.
No comments:
Post a Comment